Frequently Asked Questions
General Ordering Questions:
1. If changes have taken place at my bank, how can I be sure my new LifeChecks checks will include these updates?
2. Can I add my driver's license number and/or telephone number to my checks?
3. How do I submit my Order?
4. When will I receive my order?
5. Can I check the status of my order?
6. May I use a coupon?
7. Why did I receive only part of my order?
8. Are the colors on LifeChecks website accurate?
9. How do I contact LifeChecks?
10. Why was my package delivered by the United States Postal Service when I purchased UPS Trackable delivery?
11.What is your return policy if the customer is not satisfied with the checks ordered?
12.Does my order include tax?
Online Ordering Questions:
1. I'm having trouble placing my order online; could it be a problem with my
2. How do I pay for my online order?
3. What if my check imprint address is different from my credit card billing address?
4. How do I know if LifeChecks has received my online order?
Quick Reorder Questions:
1. How do I place a Quick Reorder?
2. I tried to place a Quick Reorder, but my previous order could not be found. Why?
3. Why can't I see all of the information from my previous order?
4. I want to place a reorder, but would like to pay by credit card. How
can I do this?
5. I want to reorder, but need to make changes to my
personalization. How can I do this?
Ordering By Mail Questions:
1. What information do I send in to place a new order by mail with LifeChecks?
2. Can I place an order by mail if my account is new and I have only temporary checks?
3. Is it possible to place an order by mail if I've run out of checks?
4. May I use a coupon with my mail order?
Product and Price Questions:
1. What is the difference between LifeChecks' various check formats?
2. Why does it matter if I am a First Time Customer or a Reorder Customer?
3. How many checks are in a box?
Photo Product Questions:
1. What is resolution?
2. What is a pixel?
3. What are the file size requirements?
4. What file types are accepted?
5. Why won't my photo upload?
6. Can all Photo Products
be printed in full color?
7. Can I get more than one picture printed?
8. Will you accept professional photographs or photos from magazines or other printed materials?
9. Can I supply a disk with the photo I wish to use on my Photo Products?
10. Why are the images on my checks so light?
11. What type of photos work best?
12. Are photos saved electronically for reorders or do I have to re-upload my photos for a reorder?
13. If there is a flaw in my photo, can you fix it?
14. Will my photos be used without my permission?
1. What security features for fraud protection will my checks include?
2. Is it safe to order checks online?
3. What is EZ Shield PRO?
Bank Comparison Questions:
1. Is it OK to use checks that aren't produced by my bank?
2. If I do not order from my bank, can it refuse to process my checks?
3. Why doesn't my bank's street address appear on my checks?
4. How can LifeChecks charge less than banks and still produce top quality checks?
- If changes
have taken place at my bank, how can I be sure my new LifeChecks
checks will include these updates?
- This is
a common situation because banks merge and change names frequently
these days. Most likely, we'll have these changes already in our database. If our files
do not include your bank's changes, we will contact you to get it updated.
on how to get an MICR Specification Sheet.
- Can I
add my driver's license number and/or telephone number to my checks?
- On the Personalization Page, use the line marked "Other"
in the Check Personalization section to include information in
addition to your name and address. For security reasons, we recommend that you avoid including your driver's license number or date of birth on your checks. For your protection and due to laws in several states, printing social security numbers on any material to be delivered by mail is no longer permitted.
- How do
I submit my Order?
- Once you have completed the entire ordering process you can click 'Submit Order' to submit your order online via our secure server.
will I receive my order?
- To find out more about shipping times, view our Shipping Rates & Times page.
- Can I
check the status of my order?
- Yes. You can check on your order by using the Order
Status feature of our website, or you can call toll-free 1-800-880-0906.
- May I
use a coupon?
- If you have a printed advertisement with an Offer Code, you may enter that code during checkout to receive the pricing you see in the ad. This Offer Code is found in the order form section of your advertisement or brochure, and is located to the left of the subtotal line in a yellow box.
- Why did
I receive only part of my order?
- If you ordered
more than one item, your shipment may be separated by the postal
service and may arrive on different days. This is perfectly normal,
and all bulk mail items should arrive within 7 days of each other.
Priority Mail shipments should arrive within 3 days of one another.
- Are the
colors on LifeChecks' website accurate?
accuracy has more to do with your monitor than with our site.
Due to the wide range of computer monitors
and color displays, however, you should consider the colors you
see on your screen to be representational. The color of the actual
product may be slightly different.Product images are enhanced to show details.
- How do
I contact LifeChecks?
P.O. Box 40010
Colorado Springs, CO 80935-4010
By toll-free phone: 1-800-880-0906
By e-mail: email@example.com
- Why was my package delivered by the Unites States Postal Service when I purchased UPS Trackable delivery?
- Life Checks utilizes UPS Surepost. With this service your package is delivered to your destination city by UPS. It is then transferred to your local Post Office carrier for final delivery. Your package is Trackable all the way to your doorstep and can be viewed through UPS.com and USPS.com. For more information on this service visit UPS.com.
- What is your return policy if the customer is not satisfied with the checks ordered?
- We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our products. Please call and speak with one of our Customer Service Representatives. You may reach us at 1-800-880-0906 Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM and Saturday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM Mountain Time.
- Does my order include tax?
- Yes, every order will be charged applicable state and local tax.
Online Ordering Questions:
- I'm having trouble placing my order online; could it be a problem with my
- Our site is optimized to work best with Internet Explorer 8 and 9 and the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and Safari. In addition to a newer browser version, ordering online requires certain browser features to be enabled. Your
7, older versions of Firefox and Safari, and other standards-compliant browsers, we do not guarantee full functionality in any browsers other than those recommended above.
If you are having trouble placing your order online, call 1-800-880-0906 to
speak to one of our representatives who will be happy to assist you in placing
- How do I pay for my online order?
- Orders placed through our online ordering system may be paid
for by VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We will authorize your card for the
purchase amount when you place your order online. But we will
not actually charge your credit card account until we ship your
- What if my check imprint address is different from my credit
card billing address?
- For your security, if your shipping address and billing address are different, your bank will need to verify both addresses are correct.
- How do I know if LifeChecks has received my online
- You will see an Order Confirmation Page as soon as you place your order. This will be followed by an e-mail confirming your order within 24 hours of placement.
Quick Reorder Questions:
- 1. How do I place a quick reorder?
- Click Here to enter
our Quick Reorder flow. On the Order lookup page, enter the routing number and
account number printed on your checks, as well as the shipping zip code from
your last order. That will enable us to retrieve your previous order and display
it for you. You may choose to reorder the exact same item as before or make
certain changes. For security reasons, we do not display all personalization
information from your previous order. Payment for quick reorders can be made by
debiting the order total from your checking account or by credit card.
- 2. I tried to place a Quick Reorder, but my previous order could not be found?
- There could be a number of reasons why that happened. Please double check that you entered the correct information. If you are still experiencing problems, please call Customer Service toll-free at
1-800-880-0906 or use our regular online ordering process to place your order.
- 3. Why can't I see all of the information from my previous order?
- As a security measure your previous personalization, such as home address and bank information, will not be displayed. Reorders will be printed with the exact same personalization as the previous order and will be shipped to the same address as the previous order.
- 4. I want to place a reorder, but would like to pay by credit card. How can I do this?
- Step 4 of the Quick Reorder process allows you to choose to pay for your order
by credit card or debiting the total from your account.
- 5. I want to reorder, but I need to make changes to my personalization. How can I do this?
- To reorder with personalization changes, you must use our regular online ordering process or call Customer Service toll-free at
Ordering By Mail Questions:
information do I send in to place a new order by mail with LifeChecks?
- 1. A completed Printable Order Form - use our regular checkout
process to generate this form.
2. A voided check from your current supply.
3. A deposit slip from your current supply.
4. A payment check made payable to LifeChecks.
- Can I
place an order by mail if my account is new and I have only temporary
- Yes, ordering
with temporary checks is fine so long as you follow these requirements:
1. The voided temporary check and deposit slip samples must be
encoded with your bank routing number and account number.
2. The voided temporary check and deposit slip must be original
documents (no photocopies).
3. Your payment check must be from the same account as the sample
- Is it
possible to place an order by mail if I've run out of checks?
- Yes, if you provide alternate documents. For security purposes,
first-time orders must include a voided check and a payment check
from your account. If you've run out of checks, you can get temporary
checks from your bank. See requirements above.
- May I
use a coupon with my mail order?
- Yes. Coupons from LifeChecks may be used with orders
that are placed online, over the phone, or by mail.
and Price Questions:
- What is the difference between LifeChecks' various check formats?
- Our Checks are available in two formats: Duplicate and One-Part (also known as Singles). All
LifeChecks designs are available in both formats
• Duplicate Checks are similar to One-Part Checks with one addition:
each check is backed by a carbonless copy. You simply fill out your
check as usual, tear it out and you have an automatic copy of the check
you just wrote. The instant copy makes keeping records easier than ever.
• Single Checks are the most common style single checks that are bound
together in a book.
- Why does it matter if I am a First Time Customer or a Reorder Customer?
- To introduce First Time Customers to LifeChecks' savings, selection
and service, we offer special low introductory pricing on personal checks.
After your first order, you become a valued Reorder Customer and are
eligible for reorder specials and offers. If you're unsure if you've
ordered from LifeChecks before, just call Customer Service toll-free
- How many checks are in a box?
- One-part Personal Top Tear checks: 125 per box
Duplicate Personal Top Tear checks: 100 per box
Photo Product Questions:
- What is resolution?
- Resolution determines the quality of your photo. A high-resolution image is clear and shows more detail, so it will reproduce better on your
Custom Photo Products. Image resolution is measured in pixels.
- What is a pixel?
- Pixels are tiny colored dots, which make up any photo. A photo that contains more pixels will remain clear as you increase its size. Your image must be at least 36 dpi (dots per inch) in order to be uploaded.
- What are the file size requirements?
- There are three size requirements for
Custom Photo Products:
1. Pictures must be at least 432 pixels wide and 198 pixels tall.
2. Pictures must be at least 36 dpi (dots per inch).
3. Pictures must be under 4MB in file size.
- What file types are accepted?
- We accept the following file types: .JPG, .JPEG, and .BMP files.
- Why won't my photo upload?
- Your photo may not upload for the following reasons:
1. The file format is incorrect. The formats allowed for Custom Photo Products
- are .JPG, .JPEG, and .BMP.
2. The image size is too large or too small.
3. File size is too large. Files must be 4MB or smaller.
4. You do not have Flash Player version 6 or later installed on your computer, which is needed to upload and edit your
photograph. Click here for Flash Player download.
- Can all Photo Products be printed in full color?
- Yes. If you upload a full color photograph, your products will be printed in full color. Please note that the color on
personal checks will be lightened to comply with ANSI (American National Standards Institute) Standards. This ensures that
your checks will meet all bank regulations. If a black and white photo is submitted, your products will be printed in black
- Can I get more than one picture printed?
- Yes. You can submit up to four photos to be printed on your checks with our
rotating series. At this time, all other products are limited to one photo per item. We cannot create collages from your photos.
- Will you accept professional photographs or photos from magazines or other printed materials?
- Artistic Checks cannot reproduce any copyrighted or trademarked images.By submitting your order, you agree to defend and indemnify
LifeChecks from any claims that any person or entity may assert against
LifeChecks for any copyright or trademark infringement.
- Can I supply a disk with the photo I wish to use on my Photo Products?
- At the present time, orders for
are only accepted through our website.
- Why are the images on my checks so light?
- The images printed on personal checks must be lightened considerably in order to comply with ANSI (American National Standards Institute) Standards. If we print your checks too dark, your bank could refuse to process them.
- What type of photos work best?
Photo checks: Horizontal photos that are clear and sharp work best. Avoid photos that are too dark or too light, out of focus or very busy. Images will be lightend on your checks in order to comply with bank standards.
Photo Address Labels: Horizontal photos work best. Avoid photos that are too busy. Images will be printed at full
Photo Checkbook Covers & Debit Wallets: Horizontal photos work best. Images will be printed at full intensity.
- Are photos saved electronically for reorders or do I have to re-upload my photos for a reorder?
- We do save your images for exact reprints. However, if you require any photo changes to your original order, you will need
to resubmit your photo. Reorders without changes can be processed through our Quick Reorder process (checks only) or you may
call Customer Service toll-free toll-free at 1-800-880-0906.
- If there is a flaw in my photo, can you fix it
- We do not touch up photos. So keep in mind, if there are flaws in the original photo, they may be evident in the reproduction. Please edit your photos prior to uploading.
- Will my photos be used without my permission?
- No. We will not use your photo(s) for any purpose, other than to manufacture your order, without your express written permission.
security features for fraud protection will my checks include?
The lock icon to the right of the word "Dollars" indicates the check contains security features to prevent and detect check fraud. Some of these features include:
- Micro-Security Print, A very small print that will break up if someone attempts to photocopy your check.
- Chemical Protection and Erasure Protection, produce stains or spots if someone tampers with your check.
- Security Screen on the back of each check, signals an "Original Document" from a reproduction.
Other features are not disclosed to provide even greater protection. All security features exceed financial industry requirements.
- Is it
safe to order checks online?
- It is safe to order checks online with LifeChecks. We understand that providing
your checking account details and credit card information over
the Internet can cause concern. Our online ordering system protects
you on many levels and includes Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
Any information you provide to our company is encrypted while
in transit. This coding protects you from anyone trying to "hack"
in. Every time you write a check, you are, in essence, giving
out your checking account details. We take our responsibility
for protecting this information quite seriously and have multiple
security checkpoints in place from the moment we send your order
through delivery of your checks.
- What is EZ Shield PRO?
EZShield PRO is a comprehensive service that helps protect you from fraud and identity theft with ID Restoration Pro and protects your checks with Check Fraud Protection. The service also provides you with data breach and security threat notification emails, monthly activity reports via email, a personalized, web-based dashboard. Plus, if you are a victim of check fraud, EZShield will deliver up to $25,000 in advanced funds within 72 hours so that you don’t have to worry about how you will pay your bills while a dedicated, certified Resolution Specialist helps to resolve the issue.
- Is it OK to use checks that aren't produced by my bank?
- It is completely
safe. Your bank does not produce checks; it simply sends orders
to a national check printer. The printer, in turn, produces the
checks and sends them to the bank's customers. When you order
from LifeChecks, you're ordering directly from the printer-and
eliminating the bank's markup.
- If I do not order from my bank, can it refuse to process my checks?
- No. Your
bank cannot refuse your checks no matter where you buy them. Because
your bank makes a profit on the orders it forwards to the printer,
of course the bank wants your check order. But it cannot refuse
your checks. LifeChecks must adhere to the same specifications
as printers who produce checks for banks. Our checks meet or exceed
all requirements of the American National Standards Institute
- Why doesn't
my bank's street address appear on my checks?
- We follow
the specifications established by the American National Standards
Institute (ANSI). These standards require that only the bank's name be displayed.
- How can
LifeChecks charge less than banks and still produce top
the bank must contract with an outside printer, the markup over
cost must be high enough for the printer and the bank to make
a profit. LifeChecks is able to charge less because there's
no one in the middle marking up prices. In other words, you're
buying your checks directly from the manufacturer.